General Information and Sale Instructions
The purpose of the charity toy sale is to raise money for theShelterbox Organization who respond immediately to natural and manmade disasters by delivering boxes of aid to those who are most in need. You can find more information at www.shelterbox.orgor www.youngshelterbox.org. The amount raised will be communicated and presented to the charity in 2011.
The participants will also earn credits towards specific awards (e.g. Promise challenge)
This event is not open to the general public.
17.45 Sellers arrive to start set-up
18.00 Sales start
20.30 Sales end, collect money, clear-up begins
21.00 Leave site
- Bring any additional items you need to display toys on (cafeteria tables will be provided).
- Small plastic container (for money) + clothes peg (for notes).
- Some cash to give people change (suggest €10).
- A Sales record sheet will be provided to record items sold.
- Half of the total amount sold will be collected at the end of the sale as the contribution towards the charity. The seller keeps the other half of the sales.
- Unsold items are to be taken back by owners.
- Price negotiations are between the seller and potential buyer.
- Toys can include Puzzles, Games, Electronics, Books, etc.
- Larger items (like bikes) can be displayed outside (bring lock)
- All sale items must be in good condition and in working order.
- Games/Puzzles must be complete.
- Instructions should be provided where needed.
Hot Dogs, Pizza Slices and non-alcoholic beverages will be on sale at cost prices (approx.)